1604 East Yampa St.
Colorado Springs, CO
Send an e-mail
The Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America
The Antiquarian Booksellers’ Association of America was founded in 1949 to promote interest in rare books and foster collegial relations. We maintain the highest standards in the trade; members must meet certain requirements in order to join, showing a minimum of four years in the business of selling books, a knowledge of cataloguing, and a sound financial footing.
For more information: www.abaa.org.
The Book History Workshop at Texas A&M
This five-day workshop provides an intensive, hands-on introduction to the history of books and printing. The workshop is intended for librarians, archivists, students, teachers, collectors, and private individuals who have an interest in the first three and a half centuries of the printed book. The course consists of a unique combination of labs and seminars designed to provide students with practical experience, as well as a broad historical survey of the field.
For more information: http://cushing.tamu.edu/bookhistory/.
Independent Online Booksellers Association
The Independent Online Booksellers Association is dedicated to promoting independent online bookselling by:
- Maintaining and enforcing high professional standards among our international membership, backed up by a strong Code of Ethics.
- Furthering bookseller professional development through the establishment of a Mentorship Program, the granting of scholarships, the publication of our online journal the IOBA Standard, and other formal and informal support systems and educational initiatives.
- Promoting trust between customers and booksellers by providing a safe online environment for the sale and purchase of books.
- Fostering consumer awareness of online book buying.
- Interacting with businesses, organizations, and governmental entities that have an impact on online bookselling.
- Providing programs and services that will help member booksellers to strengthen their businesses.
For more information: http://www.ioba.org/.
York Antiquarian Book Seminar
Just as American musical forms inspired the British Invasion, so too the model of CABS has inspired a United Kingdom counterpart: YABS. York Antiquarian Book Seminar provides an opportunity for leading specialists to share their expertise and experience with booksellers, librarians and collectors in a comprehensive survey of the out-of-print, antiquarian, rare and used book markets.
For more information: http://www.yabseminar.com.